On to my thankfuls...
1. Chicago Trip. Just seeing Hammer's face when he finally saw Sue the T-rex after wanting to see her for so very long, was something I will never forget. Hammer said it was his best birthday so far! 17... wow. Where did the time go?
(you can see the pics by clicking the link in the entry prior to this one!)
2. My Dad. He was a great sport thru the entire trip. We pushed and pushed our way thru 2 museums and one Aquarium since the trip was short and we had a lot to cover!
3. My body. It behaved. By Sunday, I had to finally admit to Dad and Hammer they needed to go slower, but it could have been much, much worse. Each night I went to bed early and slept great at the hotel! I was sore and tired since I got home, but this could even be worse too.
4. Hubby. He held down the fort here at home.
5. My Mom. She helped Hubby hold down the fort and treated the kids and Hubby to dinner several times.
6. Uncle K. Even he did his part, by coming to the house early when his work allowed him to and kept the kids company!
7. Facebook. Even Hubby admitted for the first time ever that it was pretty cool and awesome to be able to see the pics uploaded and my comments that were put up on the fly in Chicago. You can do it faster than email which nice. ;-)
It is good to be home. Now, we begin preparations for back to school. The kids don't start until the Wednesday after Labor Day here, but Fuzzy has his high school orientation day next week.
This weekend is supposed to be nasty and rainy, so the plan is to shop for school supplies etc.