I went to the new rheumatologist yesterday with Hubby. I was not happy to have to go to a male doc, as I have found that female docs tend to be more understanding and in tune. However, I found the new rheumy very understanding and he really listened and heard all my concerns.
It was actually great having a new set of eyes on my issues. He did xrays and a sonogram of my hands and wrists, right there in the office, along with a complete blood workup! I loved one stop shopping!! I usually have to run to one place for xrays and another for blood.
I have a lot of neuropathy issues, always have, his fresh eyes have given us a new plan of attack as well as another diagnosis. He is confident that Fibromyalgia is also rearing its ugly head in my body. Not surprising as it goes hand in hand with Lupus and RA.
The plan is to try Lyrica which will address the neuropathies. The numbing, tingling, weakness and balance issues. As I have mentioned, MS has been ruled out before, and we are sticking with that assumption unless there is a reason to revisit it.
Also to be added will be Provigil, a medication that will help with what to me is the most debilitating part of the disease - fatigue. And, also the cognitive issues. Hopefully, I will be sleeping better with Lyrica and the Provigil will do its magic and I will be like a new person in a few months!
I am happy to have a plan of attack! And, I visit him again on 12/1.
Okay... on to my blessings! :-)
1. New rheumy. So far so good! And, a plan. I like plans.
2. Hubby! Home with me yesterday for the doctors, which was a very long comprehensive 3 hour visit. BUT, today he surprised me by staying home again! Yay!
3. Piano. Pumpkin is having her lesson as I type this... I love it! Christmas carols... have to get ready!
4. Hammer. We have spent this week preparing his application for Eagle Scout and planning his project. Part of that process was gathering letters of recommendation for Hammer. There has been an overwhelming outpouring of love and respect for him. :-)
Kathy, Karol, Dave, Bill, K, you all overwhelmed me with your letters. Thank you. Mom and Dad and Hubby... perfect and just as I expected... we have such a special boy and I am honored that he is ours.
5. Fuzzy. In the last week or so, he has been trying harder and pulling up into A's. If he wanted to he could have straight 100's... it's all about what you put into it, he has the ability. Just needs to work it!
6. Coffee!!!! After months of coping with our Keurig coffee maker malfunctioning and needing to be tweaked each and every day... My dad gifted Hubby and I with a new one for our anniversary - early! YOU ROCK, Dad! ;-)
Well, I think I have taken up enough of your time!
Go to go farm! LOL