Thursday, March 11, 2010
I have so much to be thankful for, so many blessings.
However, today, I am in pain, tired and weepy.
I hate that.
So, I got up, took my morning meds, got dressed, ate some food and took a vicodin (which I hate to do), drank 2 coffees, drank an orange juice, checked emails, and crackbook, er Facebook, I mean, and now, I am here.
Weepy because I am so blessed. Weepy because I really wish I could ENJOY my blessings more.
Today lupus/rheumatoid arthritis is kicking my ass.
1. Coffee. Thank you, Juan Valdez. Green Mountain. Keurig.
2. My kids. My life. My heart. My reason.
3. My parents. Dad's 70th Birthday was yesterday. We had a surprise dinner for him on Saturday night, just adults, with my cousin Karol and my sister/bff Kathy. He is their surrogate dad in many ways and they wouldn't miss it for the world. It was nice. Last night was dinner out with the kids and Uncle K, who couldn't make it on Saturday due to work. :-)
4. Reading. Oh how I love to read! AND, I am so blessed that my kids ALL have the reading bug too! YAY!
5. Tonight, Fuzzy will have his Eagle Scout Board of Review... and he should be elected as one with no problem! The big public ceremony will be in May and he and Hammer will have that together!!! I am so proud!
6. Libby. She is snuggled on the floor right next to me as I type. If I get up, she follows, and then reclines near me, wherever I may go. Nothing like a dog for loyalty!
7. The cats! Oh the fun they are having with mylar balloons from dad's birthday floating about! They are so funny!
8. American Idol. I enjoy watching it each season. By extension, I am grateful for music. It is just such a wonderful gift and part of life. It can help lift you up, pump you up, express love, hate, frustration or fun!
9. Piano. I love listening to Pumpkin play piano! She is so gifted... and doesn't get it! LOL
10. My friends. Thank you, your support means the world to me. Truly.