I will be back in the New Year!
May all your holiday dreams come true
and may 2009 be filled with blessings!
Dawn and family!
My friend Ilene's mom is being moved to hospice and the family is gathering for goodbye's over the next few days. I mentioned on my first Thankful Thursday here at this blog the week before last, Bonnie has been quite an inspiration to me. She always will be, and now I pray for her last few days to be filled with peace, and the comfort of those she loves and who love her as she passes to the Other Side.
I am, of course, concerned for my friend, Ilene, it is her mom and this is so hard. Ilene has her sister, her aunt, and her friends. However, I am more concerned right now for Bob, her hubby.
Bob dropped off his son to hang here for dinner and give them some time alone up at the hospital as is needed at times like these. When Bob came to pick up DogBoy he did not look very good.
Bob has been dealing with as much of the more unpleasant stuff as he can to make it easier for Ilene and her sister. It is taking a toll. Bob just lost his dear dad three years ago last month, and I know this is like reliving it for him. Not to mention how much he loves and cares for Bonnie.
I keep offering him a coffee and a respite here whenever he wants in between the running around. It is as much as I can do for now. And, of course, help with the kids whenever they need me. sigh.
I am off to read some blogs.
Anyhow, another week has zipped by and it is time to count my blessings!
1. Coffee. As the long time readers know... the higher this is on the list - the more I needed it this week! 'Nuff said.
2. Hammer. My wonderfully, sweet, caring, sixteen year old son. Yep, you don't hear that much about 16 year olds - that is why I am so very blessed. Thank you, dear, for all your help this week.
3. Understanding. My family is so understanding of my stupidity/brain farts. Yesterday, I forgot that my dad couldn't pick up the kids, so I was supposed to do it. They called, I was in the shower, and I was ready to rush out and get them but they insisted on walking since it was a beautiful day. Pumpkin, Fuzzy and Pumpkin's friend, Tiara, all walked home together. The kids laughed and gave me a hug. No biggie they said.
4. Hubby. Oh sure, he makes me nuts, never picks up his clothes, remembers anything or does anything the first time I ask him. BUT, he loves me unconditionally, makes me laugh, often spoils me, is my best friend, and still chases me around like when we were single and I was oh, some seventy pounds lighter. I have friends that complain they don't 'get' enough - I have to beat him off with a stick... lol It's all good. ;-)
5. Books. They relax me, educate me, and entertain me.
6. My email Loopies. Being able to write one sentence about my day and knowing they will 'get' all the underlying 'disease' stuff that goes with it is a gift of epic proportions in my daily life.
7. Music. Almost all the songs in my ipod thing on the journal trigger some 80's memories of fun! They can't bring back my youth, but they do help me capture a little of that carefree and healthy spirit that I once had within!
Today, being Thursday, is also bowling day! The kids should arrive home any minute!
Okay, now it is your turn to list the things you wish still existed! This world is full of obsoletes... so come on and share!
Duane Reade Drugstore - 3/10 of a mile
Bus Stop to pick up Hubby from NYC - 1/2 a mile
School to drop off/pick up kids - 6/10 of a mile
Bank - 8/10 of a mile
Dunkin Donuts - 1/2 a mile
Town Market - 8/10 of a mile
Bookstore - Barnes & Noble 3 miles/Borders 2 miles
Yep, I live LARGE! NOT! lol Even though I live in the most populated area per square mile in the U.S., our little small town is great, and maintains that small town atmosphere!
Come on and play along!
Here is Meme #2 - Some Quirky Questions!
1. If you could only eat one fruit for an entire year and that fruit would magically be in season and ripe that full year, which fruit would you choose and why?
Well, in light of my recent blood work results - I say banana.
But, no Paul, just eating bananas and sitting in the sun isn't enough right now (to answer your question in comments on the last entry).
2. What is something that makes you sad?
Hmmm... this hard for me because many things can make me sad. To pick one, I would say I get very sad to see how often when you turn on the news there is violence being perpetrated against children. It rips my heart out.
3. What would you do if you came home from an extended vacation and found that someone else was living in your house?
Wow, I guess call the police! lol
4. What US President, alive or otherwise, would you like to have dinner with?
Okay... um, 'otherwise'? I am thinking that 'alive' or 'dead' are the only two options, right? Anyone? Okay... moving on...
I would most like to have dinner with George Washington. So many questions to ask...
5. What is your opinion on multitasking while driving? (Reading a book or work documents, changing clothes, fixing hair, applying make up, shaving your face, et cetera)
I do not do that when driving. When the car is moving, all focus in on operating it safely and watching out for the others that you cannot control.
After seeing the results of a great many car accidents during my years at the plastic/reconstructive surgeons office - you take the results of force on the human body pretty damn seriously.
6. Do you ever multitask while driving? If so, how often would you say you are guilty of it?
7. Do you tend to be early, on time, fashionably late or LATE to work and work related events? Do you tend to be more or less punctual for non-work related events?
I do not work outside of the home now, but everyone who knows me will be chuckling. I am the epitome of 'the early person'. Always. lol Especially when I worked!
8. What is a quirk your significant other has that you would define as "cute"? If you have no SO, what is a quirk you find cute in a potential SO?
Hmmm... Hubby always says that there is a 200lb limit on 'cute' and he tops in at 6'3" and 300lbs... lol I think he is 'cute' when he checks and double checks the lids of Snapple bottles repeatedly! LOL
Okie dokie... I am done for now. I hope to see these pop up in a few of your blogs!
It is a GORGEOUS fall day here! I hope it is the same with you!
Tonight we are having Taylor Ham and Cheese (fried) on rolls for dinner! It is football day, and the Giants just beat the 49ers (Yay) and the Jets are on playing the Raiders. Tied 3-3 right now, but GO FAVRE!
Read here about the tumor: http://dawn-carpediem-seizetheday.blogspot.com/2007/06/doctor-doctor.htmlYep, the Trifecta from Hell. But, it could always be worse.