If I came off 'bossy' in my last post - I certainly didn't mean to be! My kids sometimes read the blog, that is all.
Anyhow, how about I make it up to you with a meme!
I was bopping around blogger and saw this and thought... me, too!
10 Things I Love That No Longer Exist
- AOL Journals. Heh heh, yeah, I am a little early, but I know you don't mind. Basically, I miss all of AOL of the late 90's early 00's. Dang. Oh well - the only thing constant is change.
- Albums. There was just something so awesome about buying a new album, getting the lyrics, the pictures, and all the liner notes. Hanging out with a friend and listening to it through the first time... :::sigh::: Now - who bothers? Maybe you buy a cd, but more likely you download what tracks you want. Easy peasy - but it does lose something.
- KeyPunch Machines. I bet most of you don't even know what those were, but my mom used to work with them. Way back before desktop computers! What I miss are the used cards that we used to make really cool wreaths with for the holidays! That would have been so much fun to do with the kids!
- Bath & Body Works Creamy Coconut. WHY oh WHY did you discontinue this heavenly scent that did not make my highly allergic child sneeze???
- Buff Puffs. Do you remember them? I need those for Pumpkin as she seems prone to blackheads, but oh no - there are a thousand similar-ish things, but not exactly this product, which is what she needs. Ack.
- Lipton's Unsweetened Ice Tea. In the individual bottles. Or the Snapple one. I love Ice Tea with no sweetner; not sugar, not fake crap. Just tea. :::sigh::: I used to get these all the time... now, you never ever see them.
- Halsa Highlight Shampoo. OMG, this was the best shampoo and conditioner I ever used! It was awesome. Marigold for blondes. If they brought this back, I would be thrilled!
- Mimeograph Copies. Remember them from school? How they smelled? That weird feel of the paper? I would love to be able to show that to the kids once! lol
- Arthur Treacher's Restaurants. I loved them. I don't know if they exist somewhere in the US outside my area, but in my travels, I have not found them again.
- Farrell's Restaurant. This was a restaurant in a mall nearby. It was the neatest place. They made a fountain mixed Sasparilla from scratch that showed the separation of the soda and the syrup and you got to mix it yourself! The same with Root Beer! It was so cool and fun! And, when it was your birthday - they had firehouse bells and sirens they would bang and whoop and sing to you after - it was a spectacle to see, and so much fun! I wish it were still around, the kids would LOVE it. The food was awesome, too. :::sigh:::
Okay, now it is your turn to list the things you wish still existed! This world is full of obsoletes... so come on and share!