Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Viva la Vida?
A very important list for those with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and/or Lupus, and/or Fibromyalgia. (aww hell, for any of the auto-immune arthritic diseases)
How not to Cripple Yourself
1. Do not scrub your bathroom tub tile walls until your hands can no longer hold the brush, and your back appears to be stuck in the bent position for the bottom half.
2. Do not do wash in the middle of the night after a long day.
3. Do not do a lot of writing and errands the next day, forgetting that sometimes the swelling and pain takes a while to set in.
4. DO try to hide the fact that you are crying in frustration and pain for hours and hours.
5. DO take pain killers before you get to that point.
6. DO text/talk with someone who understands and asks the right questions and doesn't say dumb things like 'It will be ok.' (Uncle K, thank you)
7. DO hope/pray/light candles etc that you will get an appointment soon with a new rheumatologist since you really don't like the one you have now.
8. DO go for the yummy! ;-)
9. DO play silly computer or iphones games to distract yourself.
10. DO remember that it won't be ok, but it will get better than right now.