Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Which leads me to Thankful things and the first one on my list this eveningtide.
1. My Hubby. Tonight Hubby took Fuzzy and Pumpkin Muffin to the bowling alley to have fittings done for their new balls. Nephew D went along and they all threw a quick game after they were done at the pro shop. Hubby knew I had a sore day and stopped at 7-11 to get my favorite potato chips, but they were out. So, he drove to the 7-11 not on the way home, the one past our house and out of the way, to get them for me. Very sweet. It's the 'little things' that mean a lot.
2. All of you. J-land Refugees. My Blogging Buddies. Thanks for welcoming me back with open arms! I know I would get back here eventually but wasn't sure anyone would care! I am so happy you still do!
3. Coffee. In the face of all this rain, medication issues etc, it has been my 'mommy's little helper'! LOL
4. My parents. Their patience and the safety net they provided in our moments of panic and need were well timed and freely offered as always. They are the rocks with which we build our family foundation on and they are so appreciated by both myself and my Hubby. Beyond words...
5. Lock n Roll. A mindless game I play on my iphone that helps me fall asleep at night!
6. Your kinds words, prayers and good thoughts for Uncle K. I am really hopeful that good things start to flow his way and soon.
7. My nephew D. He is such a goofball and a sweetie and I really have fun during the week he stays with us each summer. I hope he never grows 'too cool' to come hang at Aunt Dawn's.
8. My two K's, BFF Kathy and Cousin Karol. My gal pal support. Thank you both for always being there.
9. Illness. Yes, you rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and brain thingy. You are a pain, you bring pain, yet you bring clarity. You force me to see what is really important at a very basic level EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Not everyone has that. I am blessed.
Just a couple of quick notes and shout outs...
Joann and all, snag away, my pics are from http://www.icanhascheezburger.com/
All the facebook peeps; I can't friend you, too much kid stuff on there. But I promise to be more 'here' again! At least once a week! If not more.
ps... About the Kindle. I still buy my fave authors books that I collect or books we all share, but there are a lot I would buy and then give away or pass on to others and this saves me some money. Plus it is soooooo easy on my hands and wrists and with the RA that is awesome!
Monday, July 27, 2009
25 Random Things - Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I prefer to do this kind of thing here on my blog!
2. I really love to write.
3. Even though I love NYC and have been there many many times, I have only ridden the subway a few times, maybe 3, and only with my Hubby!
4. I have never camped out in a tent, and probably never will.
5. My favorite perfumes are Shalimar and Chanel No. 5.
6. I rarely wear perfume due to Fuzzy's allergies/asthma but I do wear a daily coconut body spray from Bath and Body Works. The kids call it 'the mommy smell'. lol
7. I miss being able to work for the instant gratification of performing a job well and getting that recognition, but know that I can't do it anymore, at least not outside the house.
8. I love teddy bears.
9. I enjoy reading Boy's Life, the Scouting magazine, each month when it arrives.
10. I have an Amazon Kindle and it is AWESOME!!!
11. I am a daddy's girl (which is why I have a Kindle, lol)
12. I consider my mom one of my best friends!
13. I loved being pregnant, and if I hadn't ended up with RA/Lupus etc, I would have looked into being a surrogate to help infertile couples.
14. I enjoy playing video games, listening to music and having fun with my kids!
15. My pets are like little people to me!
16. I love action movies and movie adaptations of comics. I have a 'guys' taste when it comes to movies. lol
17. I love history and like movies that retell historical moments or are historical fiction. Same thing with books.
18. I am a bit of a science geek too.
19. I will turn on Nickelodeon or Boomerang to watch a favorite cartoon occasionally when home alone!
20. My dad has three tattoos from his time in the Navy, two are cartoon characters and one is the date he crossed the equator for the first time, a big deal for a sailor.
21. I don't have any tattoos, but if I did I would get 'Carpe Diem', on the side of my ankle, or inside my wrist.
22. I sometimes use daily wear contact lenses.
23. The kids and I all have blue eyes, each with a different shade. Hubby has beautiful hazel green with yellow and light brown flecks.
24. Pumpkins favorite color is PURPLE. Fuzzy's is BLUE. Hammer's is SILVER.
25. I don't really have one favorite color anymore! Really!
Okie dokie... now I TAG... all of you! Everyone should try to do this! In fact, Bill, you should post yours on here too for all to see!
So, anyhow it was a nice weekend. My nephew is here with us for his annual summer visit for a week. It should be fun and I am hopeful the weather will cooperate!
Helping someone who doesn't want help, someone who wants to wallow in their negativity, in their anger, is very hard.
Hubby's bf who is going through a really rough time right now is in a bad place. Since before the holidays we have been giving him as much support as we can. Emotionally, but also a place to crash when needed and lots of company etc. He has hit a really rough patch right now and it sucks. Hubby and I are angry on his behalf and frustrated also. It sucks.
If you could send prayers and positive thoughts, I would appreciate it. Uncle K as we will refer to him here, needs to come out on the other side of this determined to accept what he can't change and fight like hell for the things he can.
I woke up with a sinus/migraine/allergy headache thing and it just won't quit. ACK!!!
More thunderstorms will be moving thru our area soon... I am so sick of rain!!!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Did you miss me? I did miss you all! And, I lurked here and there just to make sure all was well, but probably not as often as I should have done.
It was a combination of things that made me take a break from blogging and I have to say there was not one thing to blame more than another.
Mostly, I was in a rut. And, our computer situation had been very kooky.
I will be back now, but I don't think I will blog as much as before and definitely not now with the kids home for summer.
A quick update is in order for sure!
The kids are all good. Fuzzy graduated from 8th grade and will begin high school in September. He was on honor roll for all 4 marking periods this year! He didn't make it into the charter high school that he wanted to attend and was quite disappointed. But, as they say, it was a character building experience. He has one merit badge to complete before beginning to work on his Eagle Scout project.
Which brings us to Hammer, who HAS completed his last merit badge and will shortly begin research to start his Eagle Scout project proposal. Hammer will be 17 in a month, however he is not ready to learn to drive and we are just okie dokie fine with that. In fact, I am very proud of him that he realized that he is just not ready. Next month, my dad, Hammer and I will be taking a train trip to Chicago to visit the Field Museum. This is something Hammer has wanted to do since kindergarten and I am very happy to be finally getting this done! lol
Pumpkin completed 6th Grade with flying colors! She was on the Distinguished Honor Roll for all 4 marking periods which was her goal at the beginning of the year! All of her final grades were 96 and above and we couldn't be more proud! Unfortunately, she is on a break from piano, but I am very hopeful that she will return to it soon.
Hubby has finally left his awful company and hooked up with a wonderful new firm, just this June. I am very relieved and this promises to help alleviate some of our financial woes as time passes. All good things.
Now, for me. I am still very happy and counting my blessings daily! Health wise has been a bit of a struggle. I began to become sensitive to the Enbrel and began to have an allergic reaction which came to a head in April. I saw my rheumatologist in May and she wants me to start taking Humira instead. All at the same time as the insurance was trying to get approval, Hubby's old company changed insurance and then he left them, putting us on cobra, and starting September 1, we will have a new insurance.
Long story short no Humira until then which has resulted in a few flares for me. So far I have had to do 2 tapers of prednisone, which sucks, but it had to be done.
Oh, and the brain thingy is still there, but still not growing. So far. Yay.
So there you have it. Some good, some bad. And, it could ALWAYS be worse!
Right now the kids are home and we are enjoying summer!!! No schedule, later bedtime, lots of reading. It has been really nice. The kids had Scout Camp last week and had a blast. Pumpkin even went along (registered through Campfire Girls) and stayed with them. She had a tough time with the bugs and came home midweek with me on visitation day. I couldn't blame her. All the rain we had in NJ has created quite the bug fest. Eww.
So, that is that! Tomorrow, I hope to pop on and catch up with some of your blogs.
Oh and I still love my coffee as always!!!
And, I love facebook. I am sorry if I have not friended you but I have a lot of family and kid connections on there and I am trying to keep it more private than here, just something I feel I need to do!