Monday, September 7, 2009

I Gotta Feeling

This is for you, Em.

This is for my cousin Karol!
It has been a good weekend. And, I am hopeful for a good week!

I was able to see my friend Fred on Friday night! We had a really nice visit. Talked about his dad. Caught up on life and health issues. But, most importantly we laughed and hugged. Very nice.
Life goes too fast, you need those moments!
Yesterday, Kathy came up to visit with my sweet nephew J and my dad's sister, my Aunt Bea also came to visit! We had a fun afternoon of chit chat, watching the kids play outside and dinner at Houlihan's.
Today, Uncle K is here! We are watching the first half of Yankees day/night double header. We are having a BBQ for dinner with angus hamburgers, hot dogs, and lots of salads! :-)
You know, I haven't really done much all weekend, but it was FABULOUS!
I started a strict calorie driven weight loss program last Sunday. I just ordered a scale so I don't know how I am doing yet, but I do know my weight from my last doc's appt. Hopefully, it will be less than that when the scale arrives on Friday. We will see. I feel good. I am eating healthy. I need to get this prednisone weight off. I have been walking.
I had one day with a lot of pain, but so far so good. The RA is being quiet... Shhhh.... don't wake it. It is such a vicious cycle. You gain weight because of the meds, and when you exercise it aggravates the disease and starts a flare.
However, I have decided that I am going to do my damndest to push thru the pain and hopefully get to the other side. Pray for me. I need it!
My insurance woes are still not settled, hopefully soon, but I could use a few more prayers and positive thoughts there too!

Yikes! I sound so needy!
Sending prayers and happiness out to all of you, too!
Tomorrow, I will be getting the kids settled and organized for the first day of school on Wednesday! I think we are all ready for that! LOL
be well...

8 comments:

garnett109 said...

fruits , veggies and soups helped me lose weight, no more than 4 0z of meat during the day.plenty of fluids.

Beth said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Dawn! Don't you hate saying goodbye to summer? I sure do. :(

One of my nieces was diagnosed with RA when she was around 18. I know her struggles over the years, and I know her amazing, strong attitude. I see that in you, too. Sending you much love and very positive vibes. Hugs, Beth

Emily said...

LOL. Love it, Dawn. Thanks! Good luck with that first day of school stuff.

Cathy said...

Very busy life, but oh Dawn why did you get a scale?? They only make folks feel guilty lol I know you can do anything you decide to, besides anyone who can face the start of her kids' school w/o losing it is way ahead of everything! Good vibes on the way! :-))

Traci said...

Praying for the pain and the insurance woes. Stick it out there and don't worry about being needy. Can't pray for you if I don't know what's up!

Dornbrau said...

My scale is still stuck on 145, I love it!
Help yourself to the sunflower pic, and any others for that matter! Art is tickled to death that you appreciate his work.
Dorn~

Coelha :B said...

Hey Dawn - I'm trying to play catch up with everyone's entries! You are right-life is too short-I'm glad you were able to sit down with Fred--I'm sure it mean't a lot to him. Sometimes all you need is a good friend to be there and listen. I'm glad you were able to spend good quality time with your family and friends--what would we do without them, really? It must be frustrating with the meds in regards to weight gain. You can do it--sending prayers out to you.. Hugs - Julie

Sandisan said...

Hi Dawn, sorry it's taken me a while to get to read your journal again..been running to too many doctors darn it. Seem to be making some progress and now have to go into pulmonary rehab and horrors lose weight too..they had me on the steriods too those things wreak havoc with your whole body...I hope your scale shows a good loss keeping my fingers crossed for you..love sandi